Articles / The Church of Jesus Christ
The School of the Disciple
We start the Holy Ghost School of the Disciple when we are Born Again (John 3:3).
We proceed from that point on, growing in the Lord, at our own pace. Below are some key principles in moving from milk to the meat of the Word.
* Jesus is ALWAYS our example:
5 - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 -Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 -But made himself of no reputaton and took upon him the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men:
8 -And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:5-8)
* Pattern yourself after Jesus. There are NO shortcuts:
The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? (Matthew 10:24)
* This is our motto:
He must increase but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
* The Master Potter must be allowed to mold His clay in the shape that HE desires:
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: NEVERTHELESS, not my will but thine be done. (Luke 22:42)
* You enter into the Kingdom of God by faith (Hebrews 11:1). You operate by faith:
ASK and it shall be given you; SEEK and ye shall find; KNOCK and it shall be opened unto you:
For EVERYONE that asketh, receiveth; and HE that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it SHALL be opened. (Matthew 7:7,8)
* This principle is just like gravity. It is operating in your life at ALL times, whether you realize it or not. You can become a benefactor:
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. (Luke 14:11)
* How does the disciple respond when offences come (and they WILL come)?
And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
Being defamed, we pray: we are made as the filth of the world and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. (1 Corinthians 4:12,13)
* We WILL receive correction by our Teacher:
Though he slay me, yet will I tust in him:..... (Job 13:15)
* Who said, "Without pain, there's no gain"?
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; (Hebrews 5:8)
* Promotion to the next grade level - Are you using what you've been given?
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. (Matthew 13:12)
* You must study the Word (2 Timothy 2:15):
Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you.... (James 4:8)
For all the promises of God in him are yea and in him, Amen;..... (2 Corinthians 1:20)